• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I am trying to find the different events upon which we receive notifications under the Bell icon.
User-added image
Some of them I have observed so far is
a. When there are Chatter mentions
b. Approval Request notifications
c. Transaction Security notifications

Q1. Are there any other events upon which we might be receiving the notifications? 

Q2. Can we configure custom notifications to be appearing under the bell? For example, change of status field on a cutom object.  We can configure email alerts using Workflows or Process Builder, but I am also looking if I can be notified in Salesforce, for different events.

Appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.

- Shiva

Hi ,

In order for us to be able to send email notifications to a user who uses are site we need to add a custom profile to the Organization Wide Email Address so that when a user enters their contact info into our site, they will get an email notification with the  Sender email address equal to something like : "noreply@someplce.org". Currently it is using a developer's email address instead. We'd like to change that:

Q) Is there a way that we can add a custom profile (Guest License) to org Wide Email Address so that we can set  that Sender email adddress to noreply@someplace.org'?

Currently we get the error message:
SendEmail failed caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, Not profiled to access this Org-wide Email.

Thanks