• Salesforce Developer
  • Legato Health Technologies

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Part of the Apex Metadata API, specifically the "Use Apex Metadata API to add a custom field to a page layout" module. I am stuck on the part where you need to create the lists for contactColumns contactLayoutItems.
The compiler is not recognizing the variable names, here are the two lists

List<Metadata.LayoutColumn> contactColumns = contactLayoutSection.contactColumns;
List<Metadata.LayoutItem> contactLayoutItems = contactColumns.get(0).contactLayoutItems;

However, two errors pop up for "Variable does not exist: contactColumns" and "Variable does not exist: contactLayoutItems". Is there something I am missing here?
I know how to execute soql to get data from one object.
But I don't know how to execute soql to get data from multiple object that has a relationship like 
select Name,Phone,Website,Type,(Select Name, Title, Email From Contacts) from Account
so can you tell me how to execute the above soql by rest api?
Thank you very much.

Hi all,

I have created on lightning component using iframe in which i embeded a vf page.

It is working fine in Desktop/PC but in mobile app it is not redirecting to the Parent page.
hi Guys,

I need help in below scenario - 
we hav a installed app and sales app. We have our own profiles for custom app and sales app has thier own profiles. In futire we might  have users who are common to both the apps and have sales app profile. We need to give access to both the apps. How do we design this and make sure they have access to all our objects and our functioanlity (installed app).We are thinking of having permission set and assign those permission sets to common users so that they can have thier own sales app profiles plus have access to our installed app objects and finctiaonlity. 

Kidly share your ideas. 
Thanks,
  • May 13, 2019

Hello everyone, I am working one the Module Build Reusable Lightning Components in the Unit Create an Indicator Badge Apex Service, I did all the steps but when I tried to verify this step I get an error: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 0"

Since it is only two Copy / Paste the chanllange of this unit, can someone help me with this ?

Struck on the new trail for the BigObject. Created those Bigobject using workbench. Can see the object on the Org. However, on validating throws up error "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Couldn’t find the correct information. Please double check the instructions." bit difficult judge on the problem. I can send the .xml files for verification.