• 105 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

1) Why is the account owner required to have a user role to enable a contact as a partner user?

2) Can another Salesforce.com customer use the their same username for our partner portal?

3) Is there a way to use the same username across multiple portals?

4) Could a user be a member of both our Customer and Partner Portal?

I am trying to identify the impact to the portal users when a single user requires access to multiple portals (either our own or across multiple Salesforce.com customers)

I am establishing S2S between two orgs . Org A (source Org) and Org B (Target Org)

Org A has an object (Object1) with look up on the two other objects (Object2 and Object3)

Object2 and Object3 are already externally shared with Org B.

while sharing Object1 , I am setting parentrecordid to Object2 so Object1 shows up correctly linked to Object2

but I am not able link Object1 with both Object2 and Object3 at the same time.

here is the code from the after insert trigger on Object1 in Org A.

stripped down code...

PartnerNetworkRecordConnection newConnection = new PartnerNetworkRecordConnection (
            ConnectionId = networkId,
            LocalRecordId = obj1.Id, 
            ParentRecordId = obj1.obj2);

insert  newConnection;

Thanks for your help.

I've tried almost all combinations, but i couldn't make the Dashboard tab visible on the partner portal. This tab is, however, visible to the salesforce internal user. I've made sure that the Dashboard tab is included in my application.

Is it by design that Dashboard tab has not been made available on the Partner Portal? I noticed that this tab doesn't appear in the list of "Standard Tab Settings" for Partner User profile, but when am on "Settings" under App Setup -> Customize -> Partners -> Partner Portal -> "Customize Portal Tabs" button,I see the Dashboards tab in the list of available tabs. I select it and move it to Selected Tabs list, but still it is not visible on the partner portal user login.

Am I going wrong somewhere?

Hopefully someone has figured a way out to automate the administration of the "Forward" and "Accept" functionality within the Salesforce to Salesforce configuration.  We will potentially have 100's of connections to manage and would like to develop something to do an automatic forward and accept due to the orgs both being internal orgs.  What would my best approach be?  Thank you in advance.

1) Why is the account owner required to have a user role to enable a contact as a partner user?

2) Can another Salesforce.com customer use the their same username for our partner portal?

3) Is there a way to use the same username across multiple portals?

4) Could a user be a member of both our Customer and Partner Portal?

I am trying to identify the impact to the portal users when a single user requires access to multiple portals (either our own or across multiple Salesforce.com customers)

Here is the scenario :
there are two orgs Org#1 and Org#2

Org#1. Self Service Org (used by customers to browse knowledge , open cases , view cases etc)

Org#2. Internal Support Org (used by support reps)

When a customer creates a case in Org#1 that case is copied over to Org#2 via S2S,
all case fields are copied over to Org#2 except the Case Number,  
In both orgs the Case number is an "auto number" field hence two different case numbers are generated in both orgs.

is there anyway I can get case number generated in Org#2 copied over in Org#1 ?

attempted solution: I created a custom field on Case Object in Org#1 to store Case number from Org#2 and updated S2S mapping to publish case number from Org#2 to Org#1, but the issue is unless the case record is modified in Org#2 , custom field in Org#1 is not updated with Org#2 case number.

is it possible to get the case number from Org#2 to Org#1 w/o modifying case in Org#2 ?

Please let me know if there are any other approaches like getting Case number from Org#2 via Web Service or something else.

Thanks!

I am establishing S2S between two orgs . Org A (source Org) and Org B (Target Org)

Org A has an object (Object1) with look up on the two other objects (Object2 and Object3)

Object2 and Object3 are already externally shared with Org B.

while sharing Object1 , I am setting parentrecordid to Object2 so Object1 shows up correctly linked to Object2

but I am not able link Object1 with both Object2 and Object3 at the same time.

here is the code from the after insert trigger on Object1 in Org A.

stripped down code...

PartnerNetworkRecordConnection newConnection = new PartnerNetworkRecordConnection (
            ConnectionId = networkId,
            LocalRecordId = obj1.Id, 
            ParentRecordId = obj1.obj2);

insert  newConnection;

Thanks for your help.

OK, I've searched the help files and the boards for a few hours and spent another few talking to support with no resolution to this question yet.  Account type: Professional

We have a connection established with one of our client companies.  Initially they set up a Publish relationship and we subscribed.  All of the selected records (Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Tasks, Opportunities) populated into our account as expected and updates we apply to the records are reflected back to our client (publisher).

Now the question.  What is the setup and process that enables us (subscriber) to create additional child records (Contacts, Opportunities, Tasks, etc.) and have them populate back to the client's account?

Thanks!

I cannot seem to find out if Salesforce to Salesforce is compatible with Force.com Free Edition.

Any ideas anyone?

I've tried almost all combinations, but i couldn't make the Dashboard tab visible on the partner portal. This tab is, however, visible to the salesforce internal user. I've made sure that the Dashboard tab is included in my application.

Is it by design that Dashboard tab has not been made available on the Partner Portal? I noticed that this tab doesn't appear in the list of "Standard Tab Settings" for Partner User profile, but when am on "Settings" under App Setup -> Customize -> Partners -> Partner Portal -> "Customize Portal Tabs" button,I see the Dashboards tab in the list of available tabs. I select it and move it to Selected Tabs list, but still it is not visible on the partner portal user login.

Am I going wrong somewhere?

Hello, peaple.
Imagine that I have the following role hierarchy:

- President
- Manager
- PRM Executive 1
- PRM Manager 1
- PRM User 1
- PRM Executive 2
- PRM Manager 2
- PRM User 2
- President
- Director
- Reseller
- (POINT X)

What I want is to move those 2 PRM hierarchies (1 and 2) into the POINT X node.
The result should be like this:

- President
- Director
- Reseller
- PRM Executive 1
- PRM Manager 1
- PRM User 1
- PRM Executive 2
- PRM Manager 2
- PRM User 2

In this example both President, Director, Manager and Reseller roles belong to CRM.
But those PRM roles were automatically genereted my SalesForce when I created some PRM users.
I still don´t undestand why it created those roles below Manager´s role.

I´ve tried to change the ParentRoleId field´s value of the PRM Executive 1 role to link it to Reseller Id.
But I got the following error: "role type must match user type".
What am I forgetting here?

Thanks a lot.

Hi all,

I came to know that case object can be shared using salesforce to salesforce feature in suimmer '09 release.Thats pretty cool.I want to know if solution object can be shared using salesforce to salesforce.

Thanks

Gops

• May 18, 2009
I'm running into an issue with some of our Apex triggers on standard objects getting a System.StatusCode.INVALID_PARTNER_NETWORK_STATUS error when attempting to update a custom object when the trigger is fired by the partner network user caused by a S2S insert/update in a partner org.

Unfortunately this is extremely difficult to debug as there doesn't appear to be a way to enable debug logging for the partner user that's executing the insert/update in the subscribing org as it's a hidden system user. However, I've managed to create a relatively simple sample scenario to reproduce this problem.

1) Setup a Salesforce to Salesforce relationship between two orgs.
2) Publish and subscribe to leads in both orgs.
3) Create a custom object called 'Test' with a text name field in one org.
4) Create a new 'Test' object and name it whatever you like, note the ID for use in the trigger below.
5) Create a trigger on the lead object (based on the code below, change the ID and e-mail address) in the same org as the Test object.
6) In the org without the trigger, forward a lead to the org with the trigger, which should then fire the test trigger and generate the error e-mail.

Sample trigger:

Code:
trigger LeadS2STest on Lead ( before insert, before update )
{
    try
    {
        update new Test__c( id = '<put ID of Test object here>', Name = 'New Name' );
    }
    catch ( Exception ex )
    {
        String messageBody = '*** Trigger: LeadS2STest ' + ( Trigger.isBefore — 'before' : 'after' ) +
            ( Trigger.isUpdate – ' update ' : '' ) + ( Trigger.isInsert ˜ ' insert ' : '' ) +
            ( Trigger.isDelete ™ ' delete ' : '' ) + '\r\n' +
            '*** Trigger.new size: ' + ( Trigger.new != null ? Trigger.new.size() : 0 ) + '\r\n' +
            '*** Trigger.old size: ' + ( Trigger.old != null ? Trigger.old.size() : 0 ) + '\r\n' +
            '*** Exception Type: ' + ex.getTypeName() + '\r\n' +
            '*** Exception Cause: ' + ex.getCause() + '\r\n' +
            '*** Exception Message: ' + ex.getMessage() + '\r\n\r\n';
        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage message = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
        message.setToAddresses( new String[] { '<your e-mail address>' } ); 
        message.setSaveAsActivity( false );
        message.setSubject( 'LeadS2STest Trigger Error' );
        message.setUseSignature( false );
        message.setPlainTextBody( messageBody );
        // Send our message.
        Messaging.sendEmail( new Messaging.Email[] { message } );
    }
}

Anyone run into this issue or anything similar with S2S before?  Any tips on working around it?

Thanks,

• January 05, 2009

We cannot seem to get “In the External Sharing related list, click the forward button” the forward button in our custom object to appear.    We are testing this on two developer accounts.  Everything else seems to be activated properly.

To forward a single record and its related records to a connection:

1. Select the record's detail page.
  2. In the External Sharing related list, click the forward button. For example, on an opportunity, click Forward this Opportunity.
  3. Select the connection(s) that you want to forward the record to in the Available Connections list.
  4. Click the Add arrow (https://na6.salesforce.com/img/arrow_rt.gif) to move the connection(s) to the Selected Connections list.
Hopefully someone has figured a way out to automate the administration of the "Forward" and "Accept" functionality within the Salesforce to Salesforce configuration.  We will potentially have 100's of connections to manage and would like to develop something to do an automatic forward and accept due to the orgs both being internal orgs.  What would my best approach be?  Thank you in advance.
Hi,
I am working on "Salesforce to Salesforce"(Winter 08 release). Can we mass transfer records between two Editions using this feature. i.e Seeing all the Accounts of my Partner Company

Thanks
Gani
  • February 12, 2008
Does salesforce support the concept of shared login/access across tenants.

If not, can this be accomplished through Apex Coding or the multi-tenancy security will disallow for this?

Here are three examples I am wondering about. 

In these examples, companies A and B are two salesforce.com customers.

1) I am a sales person who works for A and B ? Can I login once, and see my leads across both companies in one place.

2) I am a reseller and sell products for companies A and B and want to see leads in one place that are generated by A and B.

3) I am a common client (end customer) of companies A and B. I want to login once and see how my support issues from both A and B in one place.