• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a way to query Knowledgeable People (people endorsed on a topic) through Apex? You can grab this information through the Chatter API:

"Topics, Endorse People (/connect/topics/topicId/endorsements) is a collection of endorsements on knowledgeable people for a specific topic. Use this resource to endorse people for the specified topic and to get information about endorsements for a specific topic."

But I'd like to query this object in SOQL. I thought the object might be KnowledgeableUser, but it doesn't appear to be the case (the metadata is not the same, and querying against this does not return the same results as the Chatter API).

Any ideas?

Greetings,

We have some custom visualforce pages for custom objects.  These pages have the old "Notes and Attachments" object.  After Winter 2016 was rolled out, our users cannot add notes through this list anymore.  How do I expose the new notes along side the old notes and attachments?  All the documentation I could find said the new notes needs to be added to page layouts, which is straight forward enough, but no instruction on how to do this for visualforce pages.

Code for the old notes and attachments:

<apex:relatedList list="CombinedAttachments"  />

I've tried list="Notes", list="ChatterNotes", and a few others with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith
Hi All,

I was trying to Call SENDINBLUE services from APEX Class  ( https://apidocs.sendinblue.com/?lang=en )

I am getting the following error  - System.CalloutException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair

Following is the log.

17:16:54.045 (45234499)|USER_DEBUG|[23]|DEBUG|System.HttpRequest[Endpoint=https://api.sendinblue.com/v2.0/campaign/1, Method=GET]
17:16:54.045 (45241415)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[23]|System.debug(ANY)
17:16:54.045 (45245388)|STATEMENT_EXECUTE|[24]
17:16:54.045 (45263829)|VARIABLE_SCOPE_BEGIN|[24]|http|System.Http|true|false
17:16:54.045 (45474869)|VARIABLE_ASSIGNMENT|[24]|http|"System.Http[]"|0x1b19bfb3
17:16:54.045 (45482896)|STATEMENT_EXECUTE|[25]
17:16:54.045 (45502186)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[25]|System.Http.send(ANY)
17:16:54.045 (45567511)|CALLOUT_REQUEST|[25]|System.HttpRequest[Endpoint=https://api.sendinblue.com/v2.0/campaign/1, Method=GET]
17:16:54.313 (313305474)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[25]|System.CalloutException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair

I contacted Sendinblue support - following is their responce

"SENDINBLUE -
Is it be possible to check the Java version used by APEX and Eclipse. As per our technical team's understanding the issue is with Java version 7 onwards.

Please check the links below for further informations.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10687200/java-7-and-could-not-generate-dh-keypair
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14253039/is-there-a-workaround-for-java-lang-runtimeexception-could-not-generate-dh-key
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6851461/java-why-does-ssl-handshake-give-could-not-generate-dh-keypair-exception
"

Can some one please help me with the information ?

Thanks a lot.

I am trying to use the $ObjectType Global Variable to reference the value of my Save button so when a Spanish-speaking users sees the Visualforce page, it shows in Spanish...however, I cannot find documentation on how to reference the Button value in my VF page.  Anyone now where this is documented?

• October 19, 2011

I am trying to edit the My Profile page on a customer portal.  I know in Winter 11 the page was released so that it could be edited.  After reading the Winter 11 release notes it seems that all I need to do is add the my profile visualforce page to the profile of the portal user.  I have done this but no changes that I make on the my profile visualforce page show up.  It seems like the portal is still using some out of the box page instead of the my profile visualforce page.  Is there anything else that I need to do in order to get the my profile visualforce page to display when I click the my profile link in the customer portal?

Thanks in advance!

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me how to get system IP address (logged in system ip) using apex. are there any DNS related classes (like java)

or any other approaches. ?

thanks for your time and help,

SVD 

• June 26, 2009
Hi,

We are looking to enhance security of our mobile applications that integrate with Salesforce iOS and Android SDKs. How do we implement certificate pinning so that man-in-the-middle attacks are prevented? The Salesforce SDK uses an internal HTTPS connection, which are not accessible for inserting the check for Salesforce Certificate.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I have for a long time now struggled with finding a solution to a better way of working with cases when it comes to the notications that are sent out upon case related update vs. what the reply to address gets.

So far with the support I have only been able to get confirmed my initial conclusions when submitting a support ticket - and that is that the system works as designed. The problem for me is that "as designed" in my use case scenario isn't really good as the behavior is not logic from an end user perpesctive.

I don't know if this is the right place to raise the questions, but I would appreciate I you could point me to the right direction of how I could get things working according to my requirements (which I consider should be the common behavior of the system)

My use case:

- We are using the self-service portal where customers can create new support cases

- We are using the feature Email - to -Case to capture support cases over email

- In our communication templates we have added the case reference in the subject line in order to be able to capture all email communication directly in the case in Salesforce.

Our goal.

- All emails that are send from the system to customers in terms of notifying new cases, case comments, case status updates etcetera should all be sen in a way where if the customer replies to the email, the email should be sent to our generic email address condigured in Email to case, which means that all emails that are returned get back to the system.

PROBLEM

We have 2 use case scenarios.

1= If the case originates from a self-service portal user, the customer logs the case in the self-service portal

2 = If the case originates from an email that is sent to the email adress with Email-to-case functionality and the sender is a non self-service portal user

Below you see some steps to replicate my 2 scenarios, and their results

Case 1

1a)

• Login to the e-serive portal as a "customer" user
  • Log a new case
  • The notification to the customer is sent from [no-reply@salesforce.com; for; Generic Support support@domain.com]
  • Reply to address is : support@domain.com

1b)

• Login to the SF instance and go to the case
  • Add a case comment and make sure you have checked “Public” and “Send Customer Notification” check boxes

1c)

• Edit the case and change case status
  • Make sure you have marked the checkbox “Send notification email to contact” before saving
  • Save
  • The notification to the customer is if I am the support rep sent from [no-reply@salesforce.com; for; Firstname Lastname firstname.lastname@domain.com]
  • Reply to address is: firstname.lastname@domain.com (or the address of the support rep adding the comment)

1d)

• Close the case, by clicking close case button
  • Change status to close and mark the checkbox “Notify contact on case close”
  • Save

Case 2

2a)

• Send an email to support@domain.com. NOTE that you should send the email from an address different than the one used for the self-service user. The email address cannot be a self service user

2b)

• Update the case with information about Account Name, and Contact Name. For Contact create a new contact with the email address that was used for submitting the case.
  • Add a case comment and make sure you have checked “Public” and “Send Customer Notification” check boxes

2c)

• Edit the case and change case status
  • Make sure you have marked the checkbox “Send notification email to contact” before saving
  • Save

2d)

• Close the case, by clicking close case button
  • Change status to close and mark the checkbox “Notify contact on case close”
  • Save

RESULT

A mixture of reply-to addresses (support@domain.com, and support reps personal email address). Because of this I can not automatically capture emails after a support rep has sen a case commen eg in case 2b. This does not contribute to efficient working, and my question is if there are any ways of setting the system to have the same reply-to address on all notifications in 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d whic should be my support@domain.com address.

• July 30, 2012

I am trying to use the $ObjectType Global Variable to reference the value of my Save button so when a Spanish-speaking users sees the Visualforce page, it shows in Spanish...however, I cannot find documentation on how to reference the Button value in my VF page.  Anyone now where this is documented?

• October 19, 2011
I am having the following problem. When I use TODAY literal in my SOQL statements comparing with ActivityDate for some reason the records where date = tomorrow are returned. Here are the details:

Code:
Select e.ActivityDate, e.ActivityDateTime, e.Id, e.Subject from Event e  
Where e.OwnerId = '<myId>' AND e.ActivityDate = TODAY

Today is 05/18/2007

The statement does not return events where ActivityDate is 05/18/2007. Instead in returns events where ActivityDate is 05/19/2007.

When I filter by a Datetime field (Event.ActivityDatetime) this does not occur and correct records are returned.

For now, I just simply modified my SOQL to use YESTERDAY instead of TODAY. But I would like to know the reason for this behavior. Am I missing something here or this could be an issue?

Thank you.