• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I am trying to simulate lead conversion using flow designer. I have done the follwoing :-
1. Created a custom object as standarrd Lead.
2. Created a button on it as Convert and passed on the attributes to the flow.

I am facing challange in the flow.
1. I am able to create lookup step as start to do "Account Lookup".

But I am not able to use decison step to connect to it to check if the result is TRUE or False.

If anyone has performed lookup and then checked the result before creating new record using flow. Please share your findings.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Krishna
Hi All - 

There is a challange in Admin - beginner as below :-
Name the report 'High Value Opportunities' and save it to the 'Unfiled Public Reports' folder.
The new report should be of type Opportunities.
The report format should be tabular.
The report should show all opportunities, of any status or probability, with any close date.
The report should include these columns: Opportunity Name, Type, Amount, Close Date, Stage, and Opportunity Owner.
The report should have filters for opportunities of an Amount greater than $25000 USD and opportunities where the Stage is not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost.

The report created is having filter as :-

Filtered By:1 AND (2 AND 3)   Edit 
    1. Amount greater than "25,000" 
    2. Stage not equal to Closed Won 
    3. Stage not equal to Closed Lost 

Still it is failing everytime while checking it. Please let me know if there is anything wrong in it.
https://na34.salesforce.com/00O61000002N68w 

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna
Hi All,

I am trying to simulate lead conversion using flow designer. I have done the follwoing :-
1. Created a custom object as standarrd Lead.
2. Created a button on it as Convert and passed on the attributes to the flow.

I am facing challange in the flow.
1. I am able to create lookup step as start to do "Account Lookup".

But I am not able to use decison step to connect to it to check if the result is TRUE or False.

If anyone has performed lookup and then checked the result before creating new record using flow. Please share your findings.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Krishna
We have the current structure in our non-profit:
Camper (Contact) - Formatted as "First Name Last Name,"   i.e. Joe Smith
Volunteer Family (Organization) - Formatted as "(Contact Last Name) Household,"   i.e. Smith Household
Participant Group (Organization) - Formatted as "Organization Name,"  i.e. Test College, Richmond, VA

I'm developing a workflow (my second stab at workflows) that will be a quicker way for my staff to be able to input new Campers (contacts). This will save them time and me headaches from the all too frequent duplicate Volunteer Family (Organization) from appearing.  It seeks to enter a camper first and last name, look them up to see if they already exist.  If not, it looks up to see if their Volunteer Family is already created, creates the Family Organization as needed, then does the same for their Participant Group.  After all this, the flow finally creates the Contact.

What I've got thus far is:

1. A SCREEN that a First Name (InputFirstName) and Last Name (InputLastName) of the Camper (Contact) are input on.
2. A RECORD LOOKUP that looks for a contact record that LastName equals InputLastName, FirstName contains InputFirstName, and verifies proper record type.
3. A DECISION element that goes 2 ways:
                a. TRUE: The contact already exists, and a final screen is displayed stating this.
                b. NO CONTACT:  Nothing pinged on the record lookup.
4. If NO CONTACT is found, another RECORD LOOKUP occurs looking for a Volunteer Family with the same last name.  (Joe Smith may already be a volunteer, but then his wife Jane Smith volunteers.  I'm able to link Jane Smith's Contact with the Smith Household that Joe is already associated with.)  This is all functioning as written.

The problem I'm having is that if Joe Smith is already a volunteer under the Smith Household, and unrelated Greg Smith volunteers, the way that the flow is currently structured, Joe Smith's "Smith Household" will return as a selectable object from a Dynamic Record Choice.  But this isn't the "Smith Household" Greg needs to be associated with.  I need a way to allow the user to portray that none of the options from the Dynamic Record Choice is the sought after outcome.  Is it as simple as restructuring or adding a new Decision Element or is there another way?

I know this is a cumbersome question, but I'd appreciate any insight. Please let me know if you have any clarifying questions.

Hi all,
I am planned to write DEV 401 exam,but after the certification changes announced by salesforce i am getting little confusion.

1.Which is the basic certification.
2.If App bulider certification is basic means,then questions are same as DEV 401 or different.
3.What are the prerequisite for Platform develper 1 exam.

Thanks
Hello,
I'm a software professional who is new to Salesforce and want to take the 201/401 Certification. I do have 17 years of software experience in Java/JSP/OOP/SQL etc.. Would love to hear from the folks who have taken the test, as to roughly how long it took to prepare for the test for someone with my background? I plan to use trailhead to learn salesforce. I need a ball-park estimate , is it 1 month/4 months/6 months.

Thanks