• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am looking for the recommendations on technology stack which are feasible to build a Social Network Application using Salesforce.
 The couple of options I have in mind are,
Use nodejs to build application and deploy it on Heroku. This will make Salesforce integration easy using standard heroku to Salesforce sync.

Use AngularJs to build front-end & use Salesforce as a Database and controllers using APIs.

If you have any other opinions/suggestions please share them. Cost effective and Easy way to build common Social Network features is the key here.

Thanks in advance.
Use case :  A user is having community plus license. A user is the owner of both the custom object record and file(image) attached to that record.
In community users are not able to see the contentversion and insteas see a broken image.

I have a trigger for contentversion which sets visibilty to "AllUsers".

What all configurations need to be made in order to show community users with the files preview?

I have mydomain enabled. Community has a different domain.
Anything like CORS, trustes sites need to be added?
Any special permission on community user profile related to files?

Trying to assign External App License to a community user. Don't see that license to assign. Does developer org come with the External App licenses? 

Also, Does external app starter license allow community users to see files associated to the record? A community user is owner of both the record and file itself. Or do we need external app plus license for that?
Community users should be able to upload any number files per record. I don't think "Files" is a good solution to this because of file storage limit and all. What can be the best solution for community users to have a Files (Images) heavy functionality where they can upload and see few of them after upload from where it got uploaded. Ex. Google Photos.
forceChatter:feed  is working fine.
forceChatter:publisher does not load or like visible in disabled mode.
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes,force:hasRecordId" description="Sample Component">

<aura:attribute name="recordId" type="String" />

<forceChatter:publisher context="RECORD" recordId="{!v.recordId}"/>
    <forceChatter:feed type="Record" subjectId="{!v.recordId}"/>
</aura:component>
From the lightning component I am constructing a List<Object> like below for opportunity and opportunityLine data.

var oppList = [ 
   { 
      "csd":"testcds",
      "msd":"testmsd",
      "products":[ 
         { 
            "id":"123",
            "qty":"5"
         },
         { 
            "id":"456",
            "qty":"3"
         }
      ]
   },
   { 
      "csd":"testcds1",
      "msd":"testmsd1",
      "products":[ 
         { 
            "id":"1231",
            "qty":"51"
         },
         { 
            "id":"4561",
            "qty":"31"
         }
      ]
   }
];

Each of the oppList is basically an Opportunity and products under that item is data for opportunityline. Now I am deserialiing this as a Map<Opportunity,List<OpportunityLines>>

To be able to insert OpportunityLines I have to get OpportunityId. For that I have to insert the key of the map first and then use those id to insert related opportunitylines. 

As, object as a key changes after an insert operation as it adds ID field and thus returns null for the key with which we build the map. Any idea how do I get this to work without inserting opportunities in for loop?
I am performing metadata migration from org to org.

How do I retrieve standard fields for the objects? e.g Account.
When I do ant listmetadata with type customfield, I dont get any standard fields.
And when I try to deploy objects to target org it gives errors for standard fields which I never got from Source org.

Any solution/opinion will be appreciated.
Hi,

I am doing the metadata migration from one salesforce org. to other. 
There are around 100 custom objects and its syandard+related fields.
When I try to deply these using migration tool(ANT), it gives errors for the fields,picklistvalues for that custom object that says 'Not found in package.xml'.

My question is there are no members type 'custom field' in package.xml and not even the source org.

Any solution to deploy these objects and the way to perform will be appreciated.
Thanks.
I have conncted Eventbrite module and Volunteer for salesforce module.
I post an event on eventbrite and publish it using its APIv3 and sync it back to the salesforce to make it appear in the campaign object.

I want to send an event type with the event request for which the parameter is "event.format_id" as explained in the documentation.
The problem is when I execute it, it gives me an error for "event.format_id Invalid".

Here is the line of code where I send a request with required parameters.
req.setBody('event.format_id=' + type +'&event.end.timezone=' + event.TimeZone__c +'&event.listed=true&event.currency=USD&event.capacity=100&event.show_remaining=true&event.end.utc=' + etime+'&event.start.timezone=' + event.TimeZone__c +'&event.name.html=' + event.EventName__c +'&event.start.utc=' + stime+'');

Any solition will be appreciated.
Thank you,
I am looking for the recommendations on technology stack which are feasible to build a Social Network Application using Salesforce.
 The couple of options I have in mind are,
Use nodejs to build application and deploy it on Heroku. This will make Salesforce integration easy using standard heroku to Salesforce sync.

Use AngularJs to build front-end & use Salesforce as a Database and controllers using APIs.

If you have any other opinions/suggestions please share them. Cost effective and Easy way to build common Social Network features is the key here.

Thanks in advance.
Use case :  A user is having community plus license. A user is the owner of both the custom object record and file(image) attached to that record.
In community users are not able to see the contentversion and insteas see a broken image.

I have a trigger for contentversion which sets visibilty to "AllUsers".

What all configurations need to be made in order to show community users with the files preview?

I have mydomain enabled. Community has a different domain.
Anything like CORS, trustes sites need to be added?
Any special permission on community user profile related to files?

Trying to assign External App License to a community user. Don't see that license to assign. Does developer org come with the External App licenses? 

Also, Does external app starter license allow community users to see files associated to the record? A community user is owner of both the record and file itself. Or do we need external app plus license for that?
I am performing metadata migration from org to org.

How do I retrieve standard fields for the objects? e.g Account.
When I do ant listmetadata with type customfield, I dont get any standard fields.
And when I try to deploy objects to target org it gives errors for standard fields which I never got from Source org.

Any solution/opinion will be appreciated.
Seeing Salesforce Procing I don't think it is possible. As anyone can join the website and we have to pay huge license fee for that new user. After that the user may post a lot  of content into Salesforce which may reach the Salesforce limit and so we need to perform additional licenses.
Just wanted to confirm that we cannot build a Social Networking site in Salesforce.