• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
First point: when I do a search on the message boards, I get results for the VB & Office development boards, but those don't seem to exist anymore so I can't access the messages. Do a search for "recordtypeid api" to see the results which reference these boards. I looked around but I must have missed the notice that these boards are no longer available. That's too bad.

My problem: when trying to update the RecordTypeID of an Opportunity record, I get the error "insufficient access rights on cross-reference id". I can update fields like the StageName, but not RecordTypeID, eventhough the login I am using has edit rights to the RecordTypeID field.

My code snippet:

Code:

soql = "SELECT * FROM Opportunity WHERE Id='" & Id & "'"
set qr = sfObj.query(soql,false)
If NOT qr.Error > 0 Then
    For Each v in qr
        v("RecordTypeId").value = getRecordTypeId( "MVP Prospect" )
        v.update
    Next
End if

The error occurs on the v.update line. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Pete

First off, I'm assuming I can't map related lists between Leads, Opportunities and Accounts. If I can, that's great! I must have missed it in the docs, but I don't think I can.

I have a number of lead lists to import. One column maps to a custom field describing any partners. For example, I might get a list from a reseller and I want to eventually associate that reseller to the Opportunity in the Partners related list when I convert the Lead. The only way I can think to do this (since I can't map a related list) is to have a custom field for Partners on the Lead and Opportunity records, and then have an S-control that looks at that custom field and creates entries in the Partners related list for the Opportunity (and Account) records.

It would be nice if I could have this S-control execute when the Lead is converted instead of requiring my users to click on a custom link after they convert a Lead.

Did that make sense? Thoughts anyone? Thanks!

Pete
Hi. I have an application where our company's resellers apply for a reward/discount program. The application is currently online and I'm trying to adapt it to dump data into Salesforce. I want to be able to create an Account, Contact and Opportunity. I'm to the point where I can create the records, but I don't see a way to get the newly created record ID back. In SQL I did that on the INSERT statement. Looking at the docs and playing around a bit, I didn't see return value from the create.

I was hoping for something like this: newId = sfobj.Create( NewAccount, false )

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Pete

I guess I'm not understanding Record Types. I want to use them to customize the page layout based on different types of Leads. One Lead may be for reseller recruitment and another for selling product to an end-user. During Lead creation the Record Type is set. Once that Lead is converted to an Opportunity, it seems like I should be able to map the Lead Record Type to the Opportunity Record Type, but I can't.

This has my users very frustrated. They don't even want to use the Lead Record Type because they have to manually adjust the Opportunity Record Type every time.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to map the Record Type from a Lead to an Opportunity (for the purposes of customizing the page layout). If it isn't possible, is this the kind of thing that can be addressed through an s-control?

Thanks!

Pete

First point: when I do a search on the message boards, I get results for the VB & Office development boards, but those don't seem to exist anymore so I can't access the messages. Do a search for "recordtypeid api" to see the results which reference these boards. I looked around but I must have missed the notice that these boards are no longer available. That's too bad.

My problem: when trying to update the RecordTypeID of an Opportunity record, I get the error "insufficient access rights on cross-reference id". I can update fields like the StageName, but not RecordTypeID, eventhough the login I am using has edit rights to the RecordTypeID field.

My code snippet:

Code:

soql = "SELECT * FROM Opportunity WHERE Id='" & Id & "'"
set qr = sfObj.query(soql,false)
If NOT qr.Error > 0 Then
    For Each v in qr
        v("RecordTypeId").value = getRecordTypeId( "MVP Prospect" )
        v.update
    Next
End if

The error occurs on the v.update line. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Pete

First off, I'm assuming I can't map related lists between Leads, Opportunities and Accounts. If I can, that's great! I must have missed it in the docs, but I don't think I can.

I have a number of lead lists to import. One column maps to a custom field describing any partners. For example, I might get a list from a reseller and I want to eventually associate that reseller to the Opportunity in the Partners related list when I convert the Lead. The only way I can think to do this (since I can't map a related list) is to have a custom field for Partners on the Lead and Opportunity records, and then have an S-control that looks at that custom field and creates entries in the Partners related list for the Opportunity (and Account) records.

It would be nice if I could have this S-control execute when the Lead is converted instead of requiring my users to click on a custom link after they convert a Lead.

Did that make sense? Thoughts anyone? Thanks!

Pete
Hi. I have an application where our company's resellers apply for a reward/discount program. The application is currently online and I'm trying to adapt it to dump data into Salesforce. I want to be able to create an Account, Contact and Opportunity. I'm to the point where I can create the records, but I don't see a way to get the newly created record ID back. In SQL I did that on the INSERT statement. Looking at the docs and playing around a bit, I didn't see return value from the create.

I was hoping for something like this: newId = sfobj.Create( NewAccount, false )

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Pete

I'm using ASP classic to connect to salesforce.

Here's the code:
set sfApi = Server.CreateObject("SForceOfficeToolkit3.SForceSession3.1")
 result = sfApi.login(username,password)
 response.write result & "<br/>"
 response.write "Error = " &  sfApi.errormessage & "<br/>"

Here's the output:
false
Unable to send request to server. The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.

I'm positive that the username/password is correct.  I found a post that suggested permissions issues with this error so I tried correcting that but with no result.

any ideas?
Is there any way to do a redirect, instead of a popup window using a HYPERLINK formula? I'm referencing an Scontrol, so would like it to behave like a Custom Link with an scontrol that uses parent.frames.

Thanks,
Ryan

Message Edited by Grinster650 on 12-08-2005 01:16 PM