• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I noticed that opportunity's expectedRevenue field is calculated and it only appears on the view page, and it is absent from the edit page.

Question: Is there anyway I can define my own fields to act the same way?

I'm asking because I'm doing some testing of an app that uses the AppExchange SOAP API, and it would help if I could define my own fields similar to expectedRevenue.

Thanks,

Frank

When using XML-RPC 2.0, the fields substructure members includes an "access" member that indicates the access restrictions on the field.

The documented values for the "access" member include "select", "filter", "insert", and "update".

Within our code, I found that there can be a 5th access value, "display", which is not in the developer documentation.

For example, if you look in the below snippet of XML-RPC derived text for the Account Schema, for the "description" field you will see that it has access values of "display", "select", "insert", and "update".

QUESTION: For the undocumented access member value "display", does anyone know how to find the same field-level access member value using the AppExchange v7 SOAP API?

WHY: We have code that does something different based on whether or not "display" is set for a field, and so I'm trying to find the SOAP equivalent to this XML-RPC access value.

snippet of XML-RPC XML text for the account schema

<struct>

<member>

<name>access</name>

<value>

<array>

<data>

<value>display</value>

<value>select</value>

<value>insert</value>

<value>update</value>

</data>

</array>

</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>display</name>

<value>

<struct>

<member>

<name>rows</name>

<value>

<int>4</int>

</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>type</name>

<value>textarea</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>label</name>

<value>Description</value>

</member>

</struct>

</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>type</name>

<value>string</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>label</name>

<value>Account Description</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>length</name>

<value>

<int>32000</int>

</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>field</name>

<value>description</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>byteLength</name>

<value>

<int>32000</int>

</value>

</member>

</struct>

When querying schema, layout, and data for the briefcase, when am I supposed to use the setupbriefcase message?

Do I just do this call once after login?

Does anyone know the SOAP v7 mapping for the XML-RPC field.display XML attribute?

Meaning, I have code that uses the XML-RPC field.display attribute, and now I want to see what it maps to in the SOAP v7 API.

Thanks,

Frank

Using XML-RPC v2.0, when I describe an object type, I would also get layout information.  And for each object type, there is one layout with the name "default".

Using the SOAP v7 API, what do I need to do to determine the same default layout information for each object type?

As of today, what is the oldest supported Sforce SOAP API version?

Is there any chance that v2 is still supported?

In the sforce 5.0 and 6.0 APIs, fields have a property called "selectable".  For the 7.0 API, I cannot find this property in the partner WSDL file.

QUESTION: For the SOAP 7.0 API, did this property get renamed, moved, obsoleted, or deprecated?

5.0 doc

When using XML-RPC 2.0, the fields substructure members includes an "access" member that indicates the access restrictions on the field.

The documented values for the "access" member include "select", "filter", "insert", and "update".

Within our code, I found that there can be a 5th access value, "display", which is not in the developer documentation.

For example, if you look in the below snippet of XML-RPC derived text for the Account Schema, for the "description" field you will see that it has access values of "display", "select", "insert", and "update".

QUESTION: For the undocumented access member value "display", does anyone know how to find the same field-level access member value using the AppExchange v7 SOAP API?

WHY: We have code that does something different based on whether or not "display" is set for a field, and so I'm trying to find the SOAP equivalent to this XML-RPC access value.

snippet of XML-RPC XML text for the account schema

<struct>

<member>

<name>access</name>

<value>

<array>

<data>

<value>display</value>

<value>select</value>

<value>insert</value>

<value>update</value>

</data>

</array>

</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>display</name>

<value>

<struct>

<member>

<name>rows</name>

<value>

<int>4</int>

</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>type</name>

<value>textarea</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>label</name>

<value>Description</value>

</member>

</struct>

</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>type</name>

<value>string</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>label</name>

<value>Account Description</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>length</name>

<value>

<int>32000</int>

</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>field</name>

<value>description</value>

</member>

<member>

<name>byteLength</name>

<value>

<int>32000</int>

</value>

</member>

</struct>

When querying schema, layout, and data for the briefcase, when am I supposed to use the setupbriefcase message?

Do I just do this call once after login?

Using XML-RPC v2.0, when I describe an object type, I would also get layout information.  And for each object type, there is one layout with the name "default".

Using the SOAP v7 API, what do I need to do to determine the same default layout information for each object type?

As of today, what is the oldest supported Sforce SOAP API version?

Is there any chance that v2 is still supported?

In the sforce 5.0 and 6.0 APIs, fields have a property called "selectable".  For the 7.0 API, I cannot find this property in the partner WSDL file.

QUESTION: For the SOAP 7.0 API, did this property get renamed, moved, obsoleted, or deprecated?

5.0 doc

language: C#

sforce API version 2.5

I am trying to code for rate-limiting by catching fault code 1010 (as per the API Developer's Guide).  The Developer's Guide indicates that if an exception occurs on an API call, an exception is thrown and an ApiFault is returned.  The ApiFault can be inspected to determine the fault code (ApiFault.exceptionCode).

I don't understand how to retrieve the ApiFault object, e.g. in a typical try/catch block:

try { ...some API } catch (Exception e) { ...handle the exception }

the exception is from C# and does not have the exceptionCode member.  Would I cast the exception as an ApiFault ?.  Or is the sObject returned by the API call to be cast as an ApiFault?  By way of experiment, I tried to declare something as an ApiFault (ApiFault x and the compiler complains that ApiFault is not in the namespace.  I checked the WSDL and ApiFault is defined.  Clearly I am not understanding how to get at the ApiFault. 

Would somebody be so kind as to clarify this for me?

Thanks,

TimC