• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a call to a class in a managed package that seems to have stopped working either due to an upgrade from the vendor, or the upgraded SF API.  The error is “Package Visibility: Type is not visible: …”

The version settings on my class says it is using SF API 27.0.  The version settings on the vendor’s class says SF API version 24.0.  Is this causing my error?  If so, what do I need to do to my class to get it to use the older API version?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Todd

I have a series of dependent classes that seem to have "locked" me out.  I cannot edit and save or even delete them  I have tried to do so from the Developer Console, the SF Interface and from the Eclipse SDK.  When I try to save the class I get this error:

UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW: Failed to create createContainerMember for containerId=1dcZ0000000CaWl: unable to obtain exclusive access to this record

When I try to delete the entire class I get a similar error.  When I try to delete the class from the SF interface I get the following:

Record Currently Unavailable
The record you are attempting to edit, or one of its related records, is currently being modified by another user. Please try again.

I would just start over with renamed classes, except one of the object that needs to be deleted is a trigger.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Todd

I have a trigger that updates records in a list.  The list will potentially have duplicates and will cause the DML operation to fail with the “System.ListException: Duplicate id in list” error.  I thought I could solve it by populating a set, then converting the set to a list (see code), but that didn’t work either.

if (!commitupdates.IsEmpty()){
List<WV_Commitments__c> commitupdatelist = new list<WV_Commitments__c>(); commitupdatelist.addall(commitupdates); update commitupdatelist; }

Is there a reliable way to ensure that no duplicate objects are added to a list or set for a DML operation?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Todd

Hi,

I have a custom object, MIS_Job__c that is a child relationship for Account. The APEX documentation says the following should work:

insert new Account(Name='Joe Smit', MIS_Jobs__r = new MIS_Job__c( Category__c='XXX', Status__c='ZZZ'));

However, when I do this, I get a compile error "Field is not writeable: MIS_Jobs__r"

All I am trying to do is create parent/child objects for a test case. Thank you for any help you can provide.

I am trying to create the enterpise wsdl and reference it in VS2010.

Unlike my developer account, my corporate account has multiple packages installed and does not give me the option to "save target as".  Instead it has an actual "generate" button that does not give me that option.

All my attempts to copy and paste the generate source have failed when referencing in VS2010.  Is there a trick to downloading it in a multi-package environment?  Thanks for any tips.

I have a call to a class in a managed package that seems to have stopped working either due to an upgrade from the vendor, or the upgraded SF API.  The error is “Package Visibility: Type is not visible: …”

The version settings on my class says it is using SF API 27.0.  The version settings on the vendor’s class says SF API version 24.0.  Is this causing my error?  If so, what do I need to do to my class to get it to use the older API version?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Todd

I have a trigger that updates records in a list.  The list will potentially have duplicates and will cause the DML operation to fail with the “System.ListException: Duplicate id in list” error.  I thought I could solve it by populating a set, then converting the set to a list (see code), but that didn’t work either.

if (!commitupdates.IsEmpty()){
List<WV_Commitments__c> commitupdatelist = new list<WV_Commitments__c>(); commitupdatelist.addall(commitupdates); update commitupdatelist; }

Is there a reliable way to ensure that no duplicate objects are added to a list or set for a DML operation?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Todd

I am trying to create the enterpise wsdl and reference it in VS2010.

Unlike my developer account, my corporate account has multiple packages installed and does not give me the option to "save target as".  Instead it has an actual "generate" button that does not give me that option.

All my attempts to copy and paste the generate source have failed when referencing in VS2010.  Is there a trick to downloading it in a multi-package environment?  Thanks for any tips.