• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

Is there a simple way to convert a lead to an opportunity using PHP?

Thanks.
  • December 20, 2007
Hello,

I need to create a load of custom fields. Is it possible via the API?

cheers
  • May 17, 2007
Hello,

Does anyone know what the error  '(302)Found' on the Outbound Messaging Delivery Status means?

The outbound message runs a script on a remote server wheich has a redirect in it. if i remove the redirect it works fine.

cheers
  • May 01, 2007
Hello,

When a lead gets converted to an account by a user, is it possible to trigger a workflow?

I want the new Salesforce Account ID to be posted over to my remote system when this happens, so that the record is kept up to date my end.

cheers.
  • May 01, 2007
Hello,
   I'm just looking at outbound messages.
   I have set one up that is triggered on the creation of a Lead, the idea is for it to post data to a php script on another server for example:

fields to send: FirstName
                        LastName

what are names of the values when they are posted and hit the remote server script. I presumed it would be:
$_REQUEST["FirstName"];
$_REQUEST["LastName"];

cheers.

• April 26, 2007
Hello,

I have an S-Control, which posts records to an external server. This is embedded in the opportunity page and works fine, however it runs every time the page is loaded. How do i get it to run, only on the 'save' trigger?

Cheers.
  • April 02, 2007
Hello,

I have this bit of java i wrote, for an s-control, however the if (stage == 'Needs Analysis') isn't going through when i know it should as the value of stage is definitely 'Needs Analysis'. The {!Opportunity.StageName} value is coming from a selection box, ifthis makes a difference. any ideas or blatent mistakes here?

I also know the {location = "http://webaddress.com}";} works fine.

<html>
<script>
var stage = {!Opportunity.StageName}

if (stage == 'Needs Analysis')
{location = "http://webaddress.com}";}

</script>
</html>

• March 23, 2007
Hello,
    I'm trying to create a basic 'user' on salesforce, from a remote website using PHP and the partner.wsdl. I can create accounts, leads etc..  but when I try to create a user, it doesn't error and also doesn't work! 

I'm just trying to set these fields to start with, to get going: 
  • FirstName
  • LastName
  • Phone
  • Email

I presume this can be done? are there any fields that I have to set that I'm not?

cheers.

• March 20, 2007
Hello,

I have an update script which is creating the following error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function update() on a non-object in /var/www/html/sforce-php/live/create.php on line 123

does anyone know what causes this please?

cheers.

• March 13, 2007
Hello,
  I'm trying to find a query that will return the last ID created in the accounts table, can anyone tell me the PHP for this please?

Cheers.
  • February 28, 2007
I'm having a problem with the upsert() function in the API.

I'm trying to update a single Contact record, and the result I get back from SalesForce is as follows:

stdClass Object
(
    [created] =>
    [id] => 00300000004NL8rAAG
    [success] => 1
)

This indicates to me that the update was performed successfully.  In fact, when I check in the web UI, the last modified time has been updated accordingly to show that something was done.

The problem is that nothing changes in the record.  I'm supposed to be updating the address, phone number, and title of this person, and yet nothing changes that I can see.

Any ideas?
Hello Everybody,

I'm pretty new to the API and I am having a problem with creating a lead.  It gives me the error of Required Fields Missing. Below the code, I'll paste in the responses I get. I've also pasted in the arrays and sobject to view although I took the print_r()'s out of the code below.

FYI: I don't want to use the web-to-lead because my next step is to add more functionality when capturing a lead. I thought I'd first start with getting a lead into the system first.

Here is my code (which is pretty much from one of the samples just changed to creating a lead vs. account:

Code ( I took out the login portion):
$fields = array (

'LastName' => $_POST['last_name'],
'Company' => $_POST['company'],
'Salutation' => $_POST['salutation'],
'FirstName' => $_POST['first_name'],
'Title' => $_POST['title'],
'Phone' => $_POST['phone'],
'Email' => $_POST['email'],
'LeadSource' => $_POST['lead_source']
);

$sObject = new SObject();
$sObject->type = 'Lead';
$sObject->fields = $fields;

echo "**** Creating the following:\r\n";
$createResponse = $mySforceConnection->create($sObject);
session_write_close();

} catch (Exception $e) {
echo $mySforceConnection->getLastRequest();
echo $e->faultstring;
}

Responses:
This is the fields array
Array
(
[LastName] => Last123123
[Company] => testing
[Salutation] =>
[FirstName] => First123
[Title] => test
[Phone] => 949-555-1212
[Email] => test@tetst.com
[LeadSource] => Website
)

This is the sObject
SObject Object
(
[type] => Lead
[fields] => Array
(
[LastName] => Last123123
[Company] => testing
[Salutation] =>
[FirstName] => First123
[Title] => test
[Phone] => 949-555-1212
[Email] => test@tetst.com
[LeadSource] => Website
)

)
**** Creating the following:
stdClass Object
(
[errors] => stdClass Object
(
[fields] => Array
(
[0] => LastName
[1] => Company
)

[message] => Required fields are missing: [LastName, Company]
[statusCode] => REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING
)

[id] =>
[success] =>
)

As you can see, the sObject Array has the fields in it. So I don't know how to solve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello,

Does anyone know what the error  '(302)Found' on the Outbound Messaging Delivery Status means?

The outbound message runs a script on a remote server wheich has a redirect in it. if i remove the redirect it works fine.

cheers
  • May 01, 2007
Hello,
   I'm just looking at outbound messages.
   I have set one up that is triggered on the creation of a Lead, the idea is for it to post data to a php script on another server for example:

fields to send: FirstName
                        LastName

what are names of the values when they are posted and hit the remote server script. I presumed it would be:
$_REQUEST["FirstName"];
$_REQUEST["LastName"];

cheers.

• April 26, 2007
I have a website that acts as a community for a specific professional marketplace. How do I add all the professionals that are registerd onto my site into sales force. (I have a sales force/onesource account intelligence user account)

So essentially if a new user registers onto my site
Ex: Mark Smith, CFO of XZY LLC

How do I make sure (short of manually adding him) that this user gets onto SalesForce so that when I log in next time, I can do my sales campaign and assign sales task for him as well?

(Just to clarify - I am not saying that I want Mark Smith to have access to sales force, but that when I log into sales force, I should be able to search on him and have one record of all my prospective clients.)

Thanks in advance.
So we can replace and redevice the logic for he standard buttons on the detail pages such as delete,
I tried, but seems to me there is no go for the Save button. Am I right?
Seems that only applies to the standard buttons, which doesn't include "Save".  So what can I do if
I want some extra logic embeded in the "Save" action? Like when the "Save" button on salesforce is pressed, I also want the record to be created or updated on our company's side.

Thanks for your input.
  • April 04, 2007
Hello when i am trying to upsert from php code
i am getting an error about missing argument ,
However the argument is exist
my code is

foreach  ($data as $v){
  $createField=array(
     'Name'=>$v[1],
     'Description'=>$v[2],
     'Product_Type__c'=>$v[3],
     'Family'=>$v[4],
     'Inventory_Item_id__c'=>$v[5]
     );
  print_r ($createField);

$external_id = 'Inventory_Item_id__c';
   $sObject1 = new SObject();
   $sObject1->fields = $createFields;
   $sObject1->type = 'Product2';
   $upsertResponse = $mySforceConnection->upsert($external_id, array($sObject1));
   print_r ( $upsertResponse);
Hello,

I'm new to SF, and have been using it for the past 3days.... I've been programming a custom S-Control in Javascript in order to have access to the SF Database. I've had some problems but I've been able to figure them out. There's one problem that remains, though. I cannot seem to use a "Select *"-like expression in order to access all of the fields of an Account (for example)...

Can anyone help me with this problem?.. I've been reading that it has something to do with the API's describeSObject, but I'm still not certain of that.

Thank you for your help.

M.
I have added a new field on my Account page with a Field type of Checkbox and a default of "Checked".
When I go to an Account to test the new field, the new field is not "Unchecked".
I've tested several times and it is still not working.

Has anyone else experienced this or have an idea of what might be happening (or what I am doing wrong)?

Thanks for your help!
Hello,

I have this bit of java i wrote, for an s-control, however the if (stage == 'Needs Analysis') isn't going through when i know it should as the value of stage is definitely 'Needs Analysis'. The {!Opportunity.StageName} value is coming from a selection box, ifthis makes a difference. any ideas or blatent mistakes here?

I also know the {location = "http://webaddress.com}";} works fine.

<html>
<script>
var stage = {!Opportunity.StageName}

if (stage == 'Needs Analysis')
{location = "http://webaddress.com}";}

</script>
</html>

• March 23, 2007
Hello,
    I'm trying to create a basic 'user' on salesforce, from a remote website using PHP and the partner.wsdl. I can create accounts, leads etc..  but when I try to create a user, it doesn't error and also doesn't work! 

I'm just trying to set these fields to start with, to get going: 
  • FirstName
  • LastName
  • Phone
  • Email

I presume this can be done? are there any fields that I have to set that I'm not?

cheers.

• March 20, 2007
I have one object "Var__c"  with one column as "name". I can do select or can fetch data from this object, while inserting data it gives error like

Missing entity type information. sObject requires a separate 'type' field be sen
t. at var.pl line 29
Can't call method "result" on an undefined value at var.pl line 32.

Please help me on this its urgent for me.
I have written program as follows

Thanks in advance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#use strict;
use DBI;
use WWW::Salesforce::Simple;
use Tie::Hash::Indexed;
use SOAP::Lite;

my $sforce = WWW::Salesforce::Simple->new(
        'username' => $ARGV[0],
        'password' => $ARGV[1]
);

tie my %Solution, 'Tie::Hash::Indexed';
%Solution =
(
Id => 323,
OwnerId => '',
IsDeleted => '',
Name =>'varun',
CreatedDate => '',
CreatedById => 322,
LastModifiedDate =>'' ,
LastModifiedById =>322 ,
SystemModstamp => ''
);

my $res = $sforce->create( type => "Var__c" , %Solution);

if ($result->result->{"success"} eq "false")
{
   print $result->result->{errors}->{message} . "\n";
}
Hi all,

I'm just starting with Apex API, so far i used php nusoap to created leads and tasks to my dev account on Sforce.

A client just asked me to create leads in his own salesforce, the problem is that i must do this without login in with his account informations. If it is possible, how can it be done (OwnerId maybe) ?

Best regards,
Nicolas.
Hi,
Am new to APEX,
Was wondering if its possible to use the APEX apis to communicate with a outside system.
I have a web based application for sending emails to people.I was wondering, If it would be possible for me  to do the actual work of mailing on my own site and not on Sales Force.

regards
Krylor

• March 12, 2007