• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Good Day!

My integration app does some address formatting I was wondering if I could include some custom fields associated to the Billing Address when "Copy Billing To Shipping" (Accounts) is clicked.

Thanks

Good Day!

Does anybody here tried performance testing with their integration apps?

I want to do performance testing on my app, I'm just looking for suggestions....parameters that others might have done.

Thanks

Can the System Administrator get the organization id? Does SFDC email the organization id?

My integration app relies on the org id to determine valid organizations(companies) that can use my app.

My problem is how can the probable users get their organization id?

Thanks in advance!!!

Good Day!

I'm relatively new with regards to implementing security to Salesforce integration apps.

My problem is how not to display the message "Display non-secure items" when accessing my apps through custom links.

I've learned that to this one has to encrypt the pages, are there best practices on this? Or suggestions on how to do this exactly?

I'm using C#.net in my apps....

I would really appreciate any suggestions

Good Day!

Does anybody know if it's possible to remove the blue line below the home page components section?

I have a custom components which contains links to my integration app and I want to insert an image in this section.

Unfortunately SFDC does not allow this, so what I did was to separate my custom links and image into two sections.

I just want to remove the blue line that separates the two sections. Is this possible?

Thanks

Message Edited by alexsummers on 06-28-2005 09:41 AM

Good day!

I have made a mapping of exception codes listed in the API doc in order for me to display meaningful error descriptions.

However I've encountered error codes not listed in the API doc? Does anybody know how could i provide descriptions to those?

Thanks

Good Day!

Is there a way to get the Exception code description? I'm using partner 5 and C#.NET

Thanks in advance

Good Day!

I am using partner 5 and a dev account.

I have 2 custom fields in USERS and I want to make this read only

does anybody know a way as to how can I do this? in other objects there's a "View Field Accessibility" this does not exist in User Fields

Thanks in advance

Good Day!

Does anybody know how to delete a user in a Salesforce Account? Or is it possible?

I know that you can activate and deactivate a user but what I'm looking for is to actually delete a user from my organization.

I'm using a dev account by the way

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by alexsummers on 06-07-2005 05:52 PM

Good Day!

I have an app that does batch processing of records, I keep a "batch query result" that tells me if I have more records to retrieve 

However if I encounter an error during processing

will it suffice to just equate the query result to null (to clear out any instance of the query result)?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Message Edited by alexsummers on 05-24-2005 06:35 PM

Good Day!

Is there a way to view custom fields in the salesforce UI as Read Only without modifying the profile settings...

My external app uses the user's session id to perform operations on Salesforce data

including the update of a custom field:

the custom field is like - Last processed date  (timestamp when my app was last run by the user)

However I want this to be read only when viewed in the Salesforce UI

Am I correct in thinking that if I set the custom field to "read only" for the user's profile he will see the field as read only in the Salesforce UI and he also cannot update my custom field?

Thanks! I would appreciate any suggestions

Message Edited by alexsummers on 05-18-2005 03:29 PM

Good Day!

Does anybody here knows how to use the TimeZone property of the getUserInfoResult.

My problem is displaying the date and time applying the user's timezone...

Or the timezone property is just for information purposes?

Thanks in advance

I've encountered a weird problem wherein I checked the schema of

my salesforce account and found that in the PageEnumOrId picklist there are 2 userDetail entries.

Prior, I was creating weblinks via Partner 5 API and the result returned to me was successful

However, it did not reflect on my Salesforce account: Users-Weblinks (no entries)

I'm thinking this may be caused by the presence of 2 userDetail in the picklist I've mentioned

Any suggestion is very much welcome.

Thanks!

Good Day!

I'm using DescribSObject to get the URL detail of Sforce Objects

however I've noticed that whenever I do this with Contract and User I get an error:

"Object not set to an instance of an object"

I learned that these objects does not have Url detail

can somebody suggest a workaround as to where can I redirect from a weblink popup

to display the changes in these objects?

I usually use the urldetail in a javascript:  window.opener.location

Any suggestion is very much welcome

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by alexsummers on 04-25-2005 07:50 PM

http://forums.sforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&message.id=17

Good day!

I've read in this post that custom objects and fields can be created in the Fall release.

Is it possible now? I'm using Partner 5.0

Thanks !!!

Good Day!!!

Does anybody have a work around with weblink paths that changes periodically?

{website}/{page}

Basically I want my app to be configurable such that when the {website} changes I would change only one setting and not all the records in my Salesforce accounts and users don't have to reconfigure links.

I've tried using a custom object to store the information but it seems that it returns empty information when I use its merge field while making a link in a tab say Accounts. My custom object has 2 custom fields : website and page and I also related my custom object to Accounts.

Thanks in advance...I would really appreciate any suggestions

Good Day!!!

Can I still use data provider if I'm working behind a proxy server? Does anyone know a workaround for this?

I usually do this:

binding.Proxy = new System.Net.WebProxy("172.16.0.30",8080);

but how can I set proxy settings but still using Data Provider

I would really appreciate a suggestion.

Thanks in advance

Good Day!!!

Can I merge via the API

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by alexsummers on 04-01-2005 03:29 PM

Good Day!

I have a couple of questions:

Can I create a new button in Salesforce pretty much like the "Find Duplicates" in the Leads Tab?

And I cannot find how to create a new view via Partner API. Is this possible(create a new view)?

Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate a reply.

Good day!!!

I'm just wondering if hooking to UI events is possible now with  Sforce 5.0. Or are there work arounds already to program events

Basically I would like an sforce control do something when the save button on the Accounts tab is clicked.

Thanks in advance!!!

Can the System Administrator get the organization id? Does SFDC email the organization id?

My integration app relies on the org id to determine valid organizations(companies) that can use my app.

My problem is how can the probable users get their organization id?

Thanks in advance!!!

Good Day!

I'm relatively new with regards to implementing security to Salesforce integration apps.

My problem is how not to display the message "Display non-secure items" when accessing my apps through custom links.

I've learned that to this one has to encrypt the pages, are there best practices on this? Or suggestions on how to do this exactly?

I'm using C#.net in my apps....

I would really appreciate any suggestions

Good day!

I have made a mapping of exception codes listed in the API doc in order for me to display meaningful error descriptions.

However I've encountered error codes not listed in the API doc? Does anybody know how could i provide descriptions to those?

Thanks

Good Day!

Is there a way to get the Exception code description? I'm using partner 5 and C#.NET

Thanks in advance

Good Day!

Does anybody know how to delete a user in a Salesforce Account? Or is it possible?

I know that you can activate and deactivate a user but what I'm looking for is to actually delete a user from my organization.

I'm using a dev account by the way

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by alexsummers on 06-07-2005 05:52 PM

Good Day!

Does anybody here knows how to use the TimeZone property of the getUserInfoResult.

My problem is displaying the date and time applying the user's timezone...

Or the timezone property is just for information purposes?

Thanks in advance

I've encountered a weird problem wherein I checked the schema of

my salesforce account and found that in the PageEnumOrId picklist there are 2 userDetail entries.

Prior, I was creating weblinks via Partner 5 API and the result returned to me was successful

However, it did not reflect on my Salesforce account: Users-Weblinks (no entries)

I'm thinking this may be caused by the presence of 2 userDetail in the picklist I've mentioned

Any suggestion is very much welcome.

Thanks!

Good Day!

I'm using DescribSObject to get the URL detail of Sforce Objects

however I've noticed that whenever I do this with Contract and User I get an error:

"Object not set to an instance of an object"

I learned that these objects does not have Url detail

can somebody suggest a workaround as to where can I redirect from a weblink popup

to display the changes in these objects?

I usually use the urldetail in a javascript:  window.opener.location

Any suggestion is very much welcome

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by alexsummers on 04-25-2005 07:50 PM

Good Day!!!

Does anybody have a work around with weblink paths that changes periodically?

{website}/{page}

Basically I want my app to be configurable such that when the {website} changes I would change only one setting and not all the records in my Salesforce accounts and users don't have to reconfigure links.

I've tried using a custom object to store the information but it seems that it returns empty information when I use its merge field while making a link in a tab say Accounts. My custom object has 2 custom fields : website and page and I also related my custom object to Accounts.

Thanks in advance...I would really appreciate any suggestions

Good Day!!!

Can I still use data provider if I'm working behind a proxy server? Does anyone know a workaround for this?

I usually do this:

binding.Proxy = new System.Net.WebProxy("172.16.0.30",8080);

but how can I set proxy settings but still using Data Provider

I would really appreciate a suggestion.

Thanks in advance

Good Day!!!

Can I merge via the API

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by alexsummers on 04-01-2005 03:29 PM

Good Day!

I have a couple of questions:

Can I create a new button in Salesforce pretty much like the "Find Duplicates" in the Leads Tab?

And I cannot find how to create a new view via Partner API. Is this possible(create a new view)?

Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate a reply.

Good day!!!

I'm just wondering if hooking to UI events is possible now with  Sforce 5.0. Or are there work arounds already to program events

Basically I would like an sforce control do something when the save button on the Accounts tab is clicked.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi guys!

In developing .NET apps do you have suggestions on how to redirect back to the Salesforce site?

I have this app that does something in an Accounts object. It is accessed via a weblink. I have configured this weblink to open in Salesforce.com window without the sidebar.

In my code:

String sforceUrl = "https://na1.salesforce.com/";

String accountId = Request.QueryString["AccountId"];

sforceUrl = sforceUrl + accountId;

Response.Redirect(sforceUrl);

This does not generate errors, the problem is that I have another Salesforce window within a Salesforce window.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance!!!

Good Day!

I'm creating an audit trail using a custom object. My problem is that I need to take note to which object does a record belong to.

Audit Trail
ObjectID Action

I learned that Salesforce Object Id's are prefixed say Account Id's are prefixed 001, Contacts 003 etc.

I would just like to know if these are documented So that I could just parse the ID's and know which object it come from.

Knowing it is documented saves me from the worry that my program will still work in latter or earlier versions of salesforce I would really appreciate a reply.

Thanks in advance !!!

Message Edited by alexsummers on 03-01-2005 05:31 PM

Good Day!

Does the professional edition supports web links and web tabs?

And what are the major differences of professional and Enterprise edition

Thanks in advance!!!

Message Edited by alexsummers on 02-28-2005 04:30 PM

Hi,

I'm a new user and I've made a custom object and a custom tab.

I've also made a webform using ASP.NET that will be my data entry for this tab.

Do you know how can I save the information I will enter in the webform to Salesforce?

Thank you in advance