• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We have different teams which are using different tools like Siebel, Sharepoint, Nextgen, TFS. We wanted to justify Salesforce over these applications and currenlty we are looking for an integration with these Systems. Can someone please help me out how to integrate all these apps with Salesforce.

I know this might be a huge project but if someonce can help me or suggest me some apps. I have gone through different apps provided on App Exchange but coudln't follow it.  If anyone has done any assessment for it please help me and share some details with me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

We have JIVE community as our front-end. We have Private groups under JIVE and we have provided a widget for Activa Live Chat - Live Chat feature (named as livechat widget).

now we have enables Live Agent in Salesforce and we will not be using Activa Live chat anymore. We are struggling to integrate new features in JIVE as earlier we had widget which does the integration for Activa Live Chat & JIVE. Can somebody please help me out to understand how i can integrate Salesforce Live Agent in my private group of JIVE community ?? How i can provide the Salesforce Live Agent deployment script in JIVE community?

Are there any integration or examples available anywhere ?

Thanks,
Aniruddha Manakeshwar

Hi,

We have community on JIVE platform and Salesforce at backend. I have question related to Auto Creation inside Salesforce ?

On JIVE we have one button called as "Escalate Case"  which has integration with Salesforce at beackend. If we click to Button in JIVE it's going to create a Case inside Salesforce. I did testing for this and case is being created inside Salesforce, but its not attached with any of the Contact or Account?  How to debug for this if case is being created from JIVE ? 
I have come across following questions in my mind.
1. if case is being created, whether its created through API or Customer portal ? 
2. Only Administrator Account is synched with JIVE-Salesforce plugin ? for other users its giving an error, cannot logged in. (What permissions are required ?)
3. When Case is crated from JIVE; they are sending some information related to Case as

• Case Type
  • Case Origin
  • Description
  • Email address
  • JIVE type
  • JIVE tags
  • Name
  • Status
  • Subject
  • Company

But Case is not redirected to Contact or any Account ? How to make sure it will be redirected to Account or Contact?

Can anyone please help me?

Hello all,

Scenario :

1. I have 3 different types of Record types on Case :  Admin, Proactive , Reactive

2. I have a custom object called as Action Tracker and created a custom button as Track Activity on Case

3. I have only Record type on Action Tracker as Case, and Case page layout is assigned to that record type.

4. Now this Custom button 'Track Activity on Case' provided on Case layout.

5. On Action Tracker, i have created 2 page layouts, one is for Case Record type and one is for Admin Case page layout.

5. When i create Case for record type Admin and if i select Type field value as "Administrative", i want to go to a Admin Case page layout which has one extra field.

6. When i create Case for other record type proactive or reactive, i want to go to Case page layout of Action tracker.

7. Point no.5 & 6 will be done by clicking on "Track Activity on the Case" on Case layout.

8. So for this kind of requirement i tried Javascript to check the condition, to go to different pages. Now i am getting error as "Administration" is not defined, can somebody please suggest, if i can achieve this kind of requirement using single button or do i need to go for Visual page ???

below is the Javascript written for Track Activity on the Case button:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

var caseRecordType = {!Case.RecordType}; 

var caseType={!Case.Type}; 

var adminUrl = "/a0C/e?CF00N30000009VlVC={!Case.CaseNumber}&CF00N30000009VlVC_lkid=(!Case.Id}&retURL=%2F {!Case.Id}&RecordType=012Q00000008spT"; 

var proUrl = "/a0C/e?CF00N30000009VlVC={!Case.CaseNumber}&CF00N30000009VlVC_lkid={!Case.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Case.Id}&RecordType=01230000001Jvss"; 

var otherUrl = "/a0C/e?CF00N30000009VlVC='+{!Case.CaseNumber}+'&CF00N30000009VlVC_lkid='+{!Case.Id}+'&retURL=%2F'+{!Case.Id}+'&RecordType=01230000001Jvss"; 

if(caseRecordType == "Admin" && caseType== "Administrative") 

alert('Admin'); 
window.location.href = adminUrl; 

else if (caseRecordType == 'Proactive' || caseRecordType == 'Reactive') 

window.location.href = proUrl; 

else 

alert('else'); 
window.location.href = otherUrl; 
}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am nebie into Salesforce, i need help/solution to solve my problem. 1. We have a custom Object Action Tracker, which has Custom Button as "Track Activity On the Case; and Record Type "Case". 2. On Case Page, we have related List :Action Tracker along with Custom Button : Track Activity on Case. 3. For Case we have 3 types of Record Types, and tracking Activity for all these 3 record types. 4. When i click on Track Activity On the Case button for Case, i am being redirected to Action Tracker page for Case, which has Start Date/time and Stop Date/Time. 5. I had been asked Start Date and Stop Date can sapn over a 24 hour period. 6. I also need to capture the Value for Time Spent as Stop time - Start time (which i did) Can somebody please suggest me how to make sure Start Date and Stop Date span over 24 hour period?

Hi, I have standalone JAVA application, and i have a tab for Forum inside my Application.  Is it possible to integrate my Forum with Salesforce Chattter? and if it is possible can someone please let me know how to integrate or what steps i need to follow to integrate Chatter with other standalone App.

Hello team,  

i want to get an Assset on my Contact. I have Accounts and for Accounts i have contacts associated with it. Assets are associated with Accounts, i have been asked to get asset as read only on Contact for an Account.

for Ex: I have an Account DHL, and for this Account i have contact as Mr. Will, now for DHL Account i have products as Product 1, product 2. Now i want to get these product (Asset ) list on my Contact layout of Mr. Will.

Can somebody please help me, how to get the list of an Assets on Contact who are associated with Account.

Relationship are below:-

Account  -->Asset

Account ---> Contact

do we need to create relationship between Contact and Asset. ( I want to fetch Assets on Contact which is associated with Account)

Contact --> Asset (Asset on an Account, on which Contact is associated with)  

Thanks in advance.

On the case details screen select the "Change" button for a case owner.
A screen is displayed where the Owner can be selected by category as “Queue”, “User” or “Customer Portal User”.
Depending on which of these 3 options is selected the User, Queue or Customer Portal User can be selected to transfer the case to.

How to update these three values?  I want  Case should be transfer to only one User (Liveguide), as they are the owner of the Cases.
I do not want to allow Case transfer to other user's? 

Can somebody help ?

A screen is displayed where the Owner can be selected by category as “Queue”, “User” or “Customer Portal User”.
Depending on which of these 3 options is selected the User, Queue or Customer Portal User can be selected to transfer the case to.

How to update these three values?  I want  Case should be transfer to only one User (Liveguide), as they are the owner of the Cases.

Can somebody help ?

I want to capture the default mail id for Ex "Support@support.com" on E-mail field on Contact, while making the contact as Portal user? How to pre populate the Emailid ?
Can somebodys suggest/help?

If the account is more than one word us the first letter of each word and use the last two letters in the last word to complete 4 letters if the account is less than 4 words.

For example:

Toronto Housing Authority = THAY
Johny Walker = JWER
University of Pune= UOPE
Pune Area Technical Collage=PATC

i am stuck for creation of this formula, can you please help me for this? I dont know how to check for more than one word and apply the formula for this inside salesforce?
If we cannot create a formula then what are other alternative to do this? I am very new to salesforce, please help/suggest

Is it possible to change the size of the LIve Agent chat window when it launches from a chat button?

I tried this example, https://dashboard.liveagentforsalesforce.com/support/Customization/how-to/80, but could not get it to work.  If this is the correct solution, could someone post a complete example of the javascript that goes into the website?  It doesn't have to actually work, but I might be missing some kind of syntax.

Thanks.

We are looking for a Salesforce.com administrator to join our team in either Orange County, CA or Calverton, MD to provide customer service and customized solutions to our Salesforce.com users.

Key Responsibilities

• Training and on-boarding of new users
  • Interacting with SF users to identify needs and implement solutions
  • Customization of database that includes: field creation, validation rules, workflows, custom objects
  • User management: Creation and customization of roles, profiles, layouts, access and sharing rules
  • Analytics creation and maintenance of reports, dashboards and notifications

Required experience:

• Salesforce.com Admin certification and/or 1-3 yrs equivalent experience
  • Customer service
  • Project management and implementation of Salesforce.com solutions
  • Supporting custom Salesforce.com applications
  • Usage of Data Loader

Required skills

• Excellent Communication
  • Teamwork
  • Multitasking
  • Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges
  • Excellent interpersonal skills
  • Ability to drive things to completion
  • Detail oriented
  • Strong analytic skills / advanced Excel / Access

Desired Experience (Nice to have)

• Data migration with different platforms, Oracle, Sequel etc
  • Experience with complex implementations, multiple user groups in 1 org, multiple orgs
  • Experience with implementing SalesCloud, ServiceCloud, Data.com
  • Salesforce Integration with other third party solutions
  • Apex/Triggers/Visualforce
  • Sites
  • Java/HTML
  • Crystal Reports

This position is full-time employment  (no contract or 1099)

• January 24, 2013

Hello team,  

i want to get an Assset on my Contact. I have Accounts and for Accounts i have contacts associated with it. Assets are associated with Accounts, i have been asked to get asset as read only on Contact for an Account.

for Ex: I have an Account DHL, and for this Account i have contact as Mr. Will, now for DHL Account i have products as Product 1, product 2. Now i want to get these product (Asset ) list on my Contact layout of Mr. Will.

Can somebody please help me, how to get the list of an Assets on Contact who are associated with Account.

Relationship are below:-

Account  -->Asset

Account ---> Contact

do we need to create relationship between Contact and Asset. ( I want to fetch Assets on Contact which is associated with Account)

Contact --> Asset (Asset on an Account, on which Contact is associated with)  

Thanks in advance.

Can somebody help ?

I want to capture the default mail id for Ex "Support@support.com" on E-mail field on Contact, while making the contact as Portal user? How to pre populate the Emailid ?
Can somebodys suggest/help?

If the account is more than one word us the first letter of each word and use the last two letters in the last word to complete 4 letters if the account is less than 4 words.

For example:

Toronto Housing Authority = THAY
Johny Walker = JWER
University of Pune= UOPE
Pune Area Technical Collage=PATC

i am stuck for creation of this formula, can you please help me for this? I dont know how to check for more than one word and apply the formula for this inside salesforce?
If we cannot create a formula then what are other alternative to do this? I am very new to salesforce, please help/suggest

Hi Folks,

I need to post a feed to chatter's account , contact etc using java.

Below is my code:-

SObject user = new SObject();
user.setType("user");
 user.setId(connection.getUserInfo().getUserId());
 user.setField("currentStatus", in.readLine());
 SaveResult[] results = connection.update(new SObject[] { user });

Above code works , if we need to post a feed to chatter.

I am trying to modify the code:-

SObject user = new SObject();
user.setType("Account"); // This the type called Account , because i need to post my feed to account object.
user.setId("0019000000BJlvz");  // This is the parent ID of my account.
user.setField("currentStatus", in.readLine()); // This is invalid field , because we don't have any field called currentStatus in account object.
SaveResult[] results = connection.update(new SObject[] { user });

So if i run the above code , i gets No Column exits for Account entity exception.

Is there a way to post our feeds directly to account object using java.

Your help is really appreaciated.

Thanks,

Harsha.