• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Im currently reading "Getting Started with SOQL" and the entirety of Google. Salesforce's SOQL documentation for this scenario is exhuastingly bad I've been trying to figure out this embarassingly easy topic for like 5 hours now and all official sources are terrible. 
Why does Salesforce offer a free trial for lightning with limited features such as No Record Types, No Custom Objects, No Master-Child Relationship formulas, No Products, No Price Books when Lightning Developer free trial offers all options?
https://developer.force.com leads me to a "Privacy Error screen" that gives me the below message on Google Chrome:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from developer.force.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Help improve security on the web for everyone by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide advanced
This server could not prove that it is developer.force.com; its security certificate is from a248.e.akamai.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
Record Types should be available for trial users instead of Salesforce Enterprise or Unlimited Edition User Licenses.
Why can't I use a Lookup in a formula based on a picklist? I want to have two custom fields. I want the first custom field to be a Lookup but built with a formula based on another custom field with a picklist. I want the lookup to change based on Picklist value. I obviously can't just manually use a Case Function with an IsPickVal function because IsPickVal returns a Boolean value that only works with Checkboxes which isn't compatible with a Case Function in which I want to return a Text Value. 
When I create a new User for Salesforce trial and set a password the next time I login it doesn't work. It works if I reset the password but then it won't let me login a second time. I go to the right link to login and enter the right username and password but the account won't login and says "Please check your username and password. If you still can't log in, contact your Salesforce administrator."
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=shared_contacts_set_up.htm&type=5

I was following the demo "watch a demo" on the above link and now on my Account tab if you select "Contact" (next to Details or Opportunities or Case) there are no longer Contacts there. How can I fix this issue? I was just trying to enable Multiple Accounts for a single Contact based on the above link video. 

This is entirely too confusing. When you check the box "allow users to relate a contact to Multiple Accounts," the page there should have text explaining how to enable the feature to be fully setup instead of having me deleting stuff that breaks the site for me.
How do I use Set History Tracking on Object Manager - Account - Field and Relationships? 

I clicked Enable Account History. The description underneath it says, "This page allows you to select the fields you want to track on the Account History related list. Whenever a user modifies any of the fields selected below, the old and new field values are added to the History related list as well as the date, time, nature of the change, and user making the change. Note that multi-select picklist and large text field values are tracked as edited; their old and new field values are not recorded." 

This description is not clear and is confusing please explain.
Can you guys create your own website hosting service? That would be perfect to have the security of the website guaranteed by Salesforce so that when I embed Web-to-Case or Web-to-Lead on a custom created website like in my Youtube video that I could convince a business to use that for clients to enter information themselves. 

Web-to-Lead Salesforce (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmAo8VeXzQ)
As the above title says it's dumb to use a recaptcha for a web-to-case or web-to-lead form on a website. 

If you just used a password then you could supply outside clients with their own custom passwords so that you knew for sure the right person was entering data into the form. Obviously you can use a particular text field to create auto-routing to that client's queue based on a text field but then that would require me to make a rule for each client in the Lead Assignment Rules whereas if it was an Excel file that I could upload I could scale the outside form to infinity. 

Web-to-Lead (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmAo8VeXzQ)

Also, your explanation for Live-Chat embedding is horrible on your website. 

Lastly, is the web-to-lead HTML safe to use on an outside website in a corporate environment? Like how can you ensure the data is safe on a separate website getting fed into Salesforce. I mean Salesforce is basically the middleman here with the Web-to-Lead and Web-to-Case forms.

Is there any way for a client to actually login to your salesforce themselves?
The link is wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Members:Email_To_Case on this page. You need to setup the Email-To-Case settings better that's as much of a tangled-mess-of-wires as syncing Outlook to Salesforce email is or even finding your Salesforce Email.
As the title says, I want to do math with Report 1 and Report 2. Why can't I reference both report columns in a new Report? The Report columns for Report is so dumb it has Name, Description, Created By, Folder, Last Modified By, and Last Run when instead I should be able to select which report I want to pull fields from and which fields I want.
I want to check the boxes and select convert all to Opportunities. The reason I want to do this is because (Setup à Object manager in quick find à Accounts à Fields and Relationships à New à rollup Summary) lets me create formulas based on Opportunities fields. I want to bulk convert the Leads into Opportunities so that I can sum up values there and build custom reporting with the leads getting sent to a Queue and with the leads getting sent to the opportunities. 

Why can't I delete multiple Leads by checking the box and selecting Delete? It deletes the Custom list View instead of the Lead Records.

Import .csv file for Leads only imports one row. Also, why can't I disable and adjust which fields are required on the Page Layout page in I think Object Manager? They have the box but I can't change anything. This is annoying. I just want to work with three custom-created Fields on the leads page.
I'm a Salesforce Trial user.

How do I enable Products and Price Book Tabs on my Navigation Pane for a Salesforce Trial Account?

Everyone is saying it's in Apps/etc, but it's not. Where can I enable it.
I have three tables. Pilots, Certifications, and the Linking Table Pilots_Certifications. 
User-added imageI enter Pilot Object fields PiFirstName, PiLastName as text. I enter Certification Object fields CertificationType, Plane as text.

Pilot_Certifications object has lookups to Pilot. Pilot_Certifications object has lookups to Certifications. The lookups only link to the autonumber Primary key field: 
User-added imageMy intent is to build a many to many relationship with Pilot_Certifications as the Linking, or Junction table. It works fine as is. I can apply Search Layouts on Pilot_Certification Lookups to include the name so that I can see "Brian" for example while selecting the Pilot instead of 1. 

When I do a lookup for Pilot_Certification, I want the value in the field to be matched based on the primary key to the Pilot table and to the Certifications table, but I want the value that is shown on the Pilot_Certification table to be PILOTFIRSTNAME/PILOTLASTNAME for the first Pilot lookup and PLANE/CERTIFICATIOTYPE for the Second Certification lookup.

It must be something with picklists or something.

I basically want the tables to work like in 33:35 to the end of this youtube video. I'm practicing my SOQL and not being able to setup tables like I do in Access is mad annoying because I can't progress in SOQL until I can make the tables how I want:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJCAcaGCHvE
Why does Salesforce offer a free trial for lightning with limited features such as No Record Types, No Custom Objects, No Master-Child Relationship formulas, No Products, No Price Books when Lightning Developer free trial offers all options?
https://developer.force.com leads me to a "Privacy Error screen" that gives me the below message on Google Chrome:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from developer.force.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Help improve security on the web for everyone by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide advanced
This server could not prove that it is developer.force.com; its security certificate is from a248.e.akamai.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
Record Types should be available for trial users instead of Salesforce Enterprise or Unlimited Edition User Licenses.
Why can't I use a Lookup in a formula based on a picklist? I want to have two custom fields. I want the first custom field to be a Lookup but built with a formula based on another custom field with a picklist. I want the lookup to change based on Picklist value. I obviously can't just manually use a Case Function with an IsPickVal function because IsPickVal returns a Boolean value that only works with Checkboxes which isn't compatible with a Case Function in which I want to return a Text Value. 
When I create a new User for Salesforce trial and set a password the next time I login it doesn't work. It works if I reset the password but then it won't let me login a second time. I go to the right link to login and enter the right username and password but the account won't login and says "Please check your username and password. If you still can't log in, contact your Salesforce administrator."
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=shared_contacts_set_up.htm&type=5

I was following the demo "watch a demo" on the above link and now on my Account tab if you select "Contact" (next to Details or Opportunities or Case) there are no longer Contacts there. How can I fix this issue? I was just trying to enable Multiple Accounts for a single Contact based on the above link video. 

This is entirely too confusing. When you check the box "allow users to relate a contact to Multiple Accounts," the page there should have text explaining how to enable the feature to be fully setup instead of having me deleting stuff that breaks the site for me.
How do I use Set History Tracking on Object Manager - Account - Field and Relationships? 

I clicked Enable Account History. The description underneath it says, "This page allows you to select the fields you want to track on the Account History related list. Whenever a user modifies any of the fields selected below, the old and new field values are added to the History related list as well as the date, time, nature of the change, and user making the change. Note that multi-select picklist and large text field values are tracked as edited; their old and new field values are not recorded." 

This description is not clear and is confusing please explain.
Can you guys create your own website hosting service? That would be perfect to have the security of the website guaranteed by Salesforce so that when I embed Web-to-Case or Web-to-Lead on a custom created website like in my Youtube video that I could convince a business to use that for clients to enter information themselves. 

Web-to-Lead Salesforce (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmAo8VeXzQ)